Monday, August 5, 2013

Progress...progress

On a roll...I've been working on several items and making progress!  Very happy!  The toddler sweater is all done, I have the buttons, I have the ribbon...I just have to put it together.  I'm going to my LYS this week so she can give me tips on putting it together.  I'm thrilled that I have finally completed my first sweater.  It was a very easy pattern with worsted yarn so it worked up very quickly.

I have been working on a pair of socks.  Its been years since I knit up socks and I only finished one pair....let's not talk about how many are buried in area 51!


As you can see I love to knit outside with my morning coffee.  The sun rise is getting later and later...not so easy to knit out side at 5 AM.  A month ago the deck light wasn't needed.  Of course this picture was taken on the weekend a little later in the morning.

I also couldn't resist a new KAL...Brickless with the Knitabulls podcast group.

I'm loving this pattern.  Its working up very fast.  It calls for DK but I had worsted.  It is New England...a little extra warmth won't hurt me.  I've already made up my mind that I'm going to make another one when the first one is done.  I have been practicing my continental knitting with this project.  I'm doing very well with the stitches.  The continental style is great because I knit much faster but my gauge is really loose.  In most cases I have to go down two needle sizes.

I've been setting goals and deadlines on getting things done and its working out very well and I'm seeing progress.



No comments: